Fios router is for those who want high-speed and quality network service. This Fios router is by the well-known brand Verizon which has fiber optic components. This fiber-optic network is capable of transferring data packets at the highest speed giving you the best internet service. You can expect stability in the service with trusted fiber optic technology.
You can stream live HD videos without any trouble now. You have to perform a Fios Router login to access its web interface. You can connect to the Wi-Fi and enjoy the web services at the best speed. Choose your router model with the latest version for updated services.
Verizon gives priority to network security. This security is very essential which keeps your home network protected from hackers. These hackers may steal your data or damage your device. It is thus advised to improve this security with the strongest password. Below are the most important procedures and tips to manage this network security.
How to Connect the Fios Router?
It is very easy to set up your Wi-Fi network with the help of a Fios router having an insane speed of web service. Below are the guidelines and tips to connect your router properly and enjoy the internet without any worries.
Step 1: Connecting to the Web
If you are using the coaxial cable you have to connect one of its ends to the coax port on the divider and another end to the coax connector on the router. If you using ethernet for the WAN connection, connect one end of this cable to the divider and another end to the ethernet port of the router which is mostly white for easy identification.
Step 2: Power Supply to the Router
You have to link a new force connector in the router through green DC jack and then plug in the electric connector.
Step 3: Successful Indicators
Switch on the power supply and wait for power indication on the Fios router which will blink and then becomes stable. If the indicator does not get stable in few minutes. You can take the help of a troubleshooting method for a successful power supply to the router.
If you are replacing current Fios router or just upgrading it you can find out current connection links for the cables and follow the same. You can jump to step 2 directly.
How to Fios Router Login?
You have to use the default IP address of the Fios Router which is 192.168.1.1 for the login process. It is so easy to arrive at the web interface now. Follow the underneath steps and you are done.
- Open the UI of the router on your framework.
- You can see a URL field in this interface. Enter the IP address of the Fios router here.
- You will be directed to the login page of the switch.
- If this is for the first time you are signing in to the interface, you can use the default login credentials of the Fios router. You can find these credentials on the router sticker which is usually stick on the rear side of the device.
- Enter the default login ID and password and click on the login button.
Fios default login ID and password:
- If the username and password are entered accurately, you will arrive on the web interface of the router.
Connecting your Gadget with the Router
For Wired Connection
You have to get an ethernet link and connect its one end to your gadget and one to any of the yellow Ethernet ports on the router.
For the Wi-Fi Connection
Open the Wi-Fi setting in your gadget. Select a new router system from the list of available networks. You can also search for Wireless Network Name (ESSID) with the search option on your gadget. Enter the password and get connected to the router.
How to Reset Fios Router?
Because of a few hardware or setting issues, the router may quit working appropriately. You can take a trial at restarting the router to determine minor system issues. At the point when the router despite everything doesn’t work in true form, you can go for resetting the gadget.
The reset technique erases all the updates and sets the router to default factory setups. You can get the assistance of this reset technique when you need to fix all the updates or customizations. All these updates will get reset to the default one.
You can do the reset strategy with easy and simple steps. Keep note that resetting erases all the firmware and updates put away in NVRAM of the gadget. Here are the simple procedures to reset your Verizon Fios switch.
- Find the reset button in your Verizon Fios router model. It is a minuscule button that typically puts in a little gap. Such design shields the reset button from getting pressed unintentionally.
- You need a sharp device to squeeze this minuscule catch. You can utilize a pen or any sharp tool for this procedure.
- Now power on the router first.
- Press the reset button with the tool and hold it for 15 seconds.
- You would now be able to release the reset button and wait till router reboots.
- All the updates and customization will get deleted and the factory setting will continue to operate.
Change the Default Fios Router Login Details
Fios router has the default settings having predefined login credentials. It is simple and easy to change the default setting of the Fios router. Though Verizon Fios router has a great level of network security, it is recommended to change these settings for a protected system. You should be assured to choose a solid password for your router. Keep note of this secret password in a private and secure place.
Default passwords may welcome intruders who can damage your web network. You thusly try to keep the password one of a kind with the mix of letters in order, numbers, and special symbols. Here are the fundamental advances you have to follow to change the default settings of the Verizon Fios router.
- First of all, you need have to follow steps in Verizon Fios Router Login as clarified above and access its web interface.
- You need to find the settings tab structured on the interface. Snap-on this tab and pick the network you are using. You can pick the Wi-Fi if you are utilizing a Wi-Fi arrangement. Here you need to discover the Client System by looking down the page.
- Here you can change the network name by picking the System Name (SSID) text box. You need to enter the system name here.
- To change the default secret word, you need to pick the Custom Wi-Fi System Secret key i.e. password. You can keep any password as per your convenience.
Useful Verizon Fios Router Tips
- You can log in to the router interface to get access to the configuration of Verizon Fios router. You can also use the app ‘My Verizon’ for this login process.
- App has several features you can use for router configuration. It becomes convenient and easy to browse and configure the router through this app.
- You can also toggle the firewall settings which will help you protect your network from hackers. It has parental configurations where you can track all activities of your child.
- You can hide your identity while using the web by installing a VPN for the router.
Verizon Fios Router Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing a slower speed than expected you can check it with the speed taster to be sure. You can also use the Fios speed optimizer tool which helps you maximize your internet speed. This tool determines and configures TCP/IP on your system for tuning it to the highest speed.
You can restart your router with the power toggle method which solves a number of network issues. If the issue persists, follow the reset procedure as above.
Frequently Asked Question [FAQ]
Q1. What is the default username and password for the Verizon Fios router if I am logging in for the first time?
You can find default login details on the sticker on the rear of the device. You can use these details that are as follows:
Q2. Is it possible to change the default password of the Verizon Fios router?
Yes, it is surely possible to change the default password of your router. You have to first login with the default details for the Process. You must change the password and set it to a unique as well as a complex one. It is recommended to note down the updated password at a private and secure place.
You get complete information about Verizon Fios router login with essential tips and guidelines here. You can change default settings with the above easy steps and operate a secured network. You can see frequent questions and their answers to solve your doubts. Connect your router in proper steps and enjoy the high-speed connection at your place.
You can customize all the settings to fit it in your requirements. You can restart and rest the device according to the problem. Connect your gadget now and make the best of the web service with the above guidelines.